Under the National Schools Breakfast Programme Maytree is proving Classroom breakfast for all children.
As there are restrictions on movement or mixing of children, classroom breakfast is the best-fit breakfast model for Maytree.
Benefits of classroom breakfast
• Breakfast is accessible to all children who need it – no barrier, no stigma
• Keeps breakfast in bubbles/classes - no mixing up of children in the breakfast club, children stay with their classmates and the usual staff
• Works brilliantly with a ‘soft start’ and/or ‘staggered start’ – children eat on arrival
• Quickly and easily becomes part of the daily class routine and helps children to settle
How does it work?
• Bagels and cereals are prepared in the kitchen and delivered to the class (or fetched in a staggered way); children can help themselves one at a time, socially distancing as necessary