Key Stage One Phase Leader
To strengthen our existing Leadership team we are looking for a committed and inspirational KS1 practitioner to lead our KS1 department.
Maytree Nursery and Infant school is a three-form entry school, set within a diverse community of language and cultures. Our school motto, ‘caring, sharing, aiming high’ sits at the heart of all we do. We are dedicated to the progress and achievement of every child and maintained our ‘good’ Ofsted rating in our last inspection. As part of the Aspire Community Trust, we are able to offer close working and development opportunities with a range of Southampton schools. This post offers an excellent opportunity to develop your career and leadership skills within a supportive environment.
We are looking for a leader who:
- Is passionate to inspire children, build their resilience, positivity and independence to help them achieve success in line with our school motto ‘caring, sharing, aiming high’.
- Recognises the importance of building positive relationships with the whole school community, children, staff and families.
- Successfully works within a team, leading staff in developing their own potential through coaching and professional development opportunities.
- Is a consistently good or outstanding practitioner.
- Is committed to the progress and achievement of all children.
- Has good knowledge of the KS1 curriculum and where it sits within a child’s learning journey.
- Has good knowledge and understanding of end of key stage one assessments and Year One Phonics Screening.
- Understands the importance of safeguarding procedures.
Maytree can offer:
- Children who are happy, friendly, eager to learn and enjoy learning.
- A welcoming school community of like-minded staff determined to achieve the very best for our children.
- Children and families who respect and value the school and education.
- A supportive leadership team to work within and dedicated leadership time (2 days a week).
- On-going coaching and professional development.
- A wellbeing team always ready with a cup of tea and a listening ear or staff events, often involving cake.
If this sounds like the ideal opportunity then we encourage you to apply, informal visits are available.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form or complete form below.
Do you want to make a difference to the children in your care?
Do you want to be part of a forward thinking school?
Are you excited by learning and committed to your own?
If you are interested in possible future teaching opportunities with Maytree School, please do email: email@example.com