We have worked together as a school to achieve Silver Healthy High 5 status.
We are now working towards achieving Gold Healthy High 5 status.
Below explains what 5 areas we have focused on to achieve Healthy High 5 status.
Children aged 3 to 6 years
- Brush at least twice daily for about 2 minutes with fluoride toothpaste.
- Brush last thing at night before bed and at least on 1 other occasion.
- Brushing should be supervised by a parent or carer.
- Use children's fluoride toothpaste containing no less than 1,000ppm of fluoride (check label) or family toothpaste containing between 1,350ppm and 1,500ppm fluoride.
- Use only a pea-sized amount of toothpaste.
- Spit out after brushing and don't rinse – if you rinse, the fluoride won't work as well.